Friday, April 17, 2009

Reviving an old hobby

Not a lot of people know that I used to have this hobby...I like to fix things...as in putting things together...heck even when I'm still wee young I love to take my toys apart only to put them back again...which in some cases resulted in a broken toy lol...

Well going into my teens...that interest of putting things together has got me into fixing plastic models of jet fighters...those days would be probably the times where I actually have something better to do other than sitting around in my place and doing nothing in particular...I've collected like RM300-400 worth of resin model kits...although not a number to brag about but in those days I only had RM25 per week for allowance...and every one of those fighter jest that I love so much were assembled on my own without help...and I'm pretty happy about it...until my mom decided it's all trash that does nothing but collects dust and threw it all in a bag regardless of how fragile those models are...thus resulting most of my models heavily damaged...some beyond repair...some that are repaired just doesn't look as good anymore...and after a few weeks of trying to restore every one of them I gave up...and subsequently I went on without a hobby in my teens...

Since then my interest of putting things together mainly went to clearing the clogs in my parent's toilet basin...pathetic no? Now thanks to ZH, I've realized my interest is still there...hungry to put something together and make it look nice...ZH was planning to start what I did as a hobby...so he asked me for advice...and I told him everything I knew about resin models...although there's not a whole lot that I know...I can feel the excitement inside me...then I thought to myself...what the hell...I'm perfectly capable of paying for those models now...and mom certainly won't lay a finger on my things before asking me...so why not start from square one?

You people have no idea how much I liked the sound of that idea...and so with the help of Max...me & ZH went looking for resin model kits...unfortunately...those things that were so popular and easily found in the 90's and early 00's were now considered outdated...the Tamiya shop in KLCC that used to sell al sorts of fighter jet models that I love has now been reduced to a shelf in Isetan...and other shops all over town has resort to selling gundams and whatever else it is...couldn't say I blame them though...

So I went to my last resort...although there's still one place we haven't looked yet...which is the last shop that sells model kits known to us...chances are it's not selling any...but anyhow...i resorted to buying a car model kit...not exactly what I have in mind but it'll do...but no I'm not disappointed that I bought that boxload of plastic that is worth RM 130 after discount...after all that model is of my dream car...the Infini RX-7 GT-X (FC3S)...it's the second generation RX-7 in short...and what's better? It's modeled after a character's car from Initial D...and coincidentally...it is that character's car that got me interested in the FC in the 1st place...so all in all I think i got myself a good enough bargain...But I will not start assembling it just yet...

Why?

I'll save the fun till Friday night...when I have finished my finals...=D

That's all folks

No comments: